Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mommy in the Mud!

My friend Kristin and I "raced" in the Original Mud Run on Saturday. You won't ever catch me doing a marathon of any kind, but this was different....and fun! While our husbands went on their annual camping trip, we challenged ourselves to this 6.2 obstacle course. Going in, we were so nervous! The first 1.8 miles is just running...then the obstacles hit. Crawling through mud, jumping in muddy water, sliding down muddy hills, climbing high onto walls/nets, walking on logs and ropes - all part of this crazy course! My only regret is that this doesn't happen more than once a year in Houston - we want to do it again!!!!

Here we are after the race getting hosed off by firefighters!




My muddy partner! Next year, we want a bigger team! If we can do it, anyone can! You'll laugh more than anything.

Kristin - thanks for signing up with me! I am SO proud of us - bruises and soreness included! We did each obstacle (well, except for that crazy rope monkey bar thing...) without hesitation. WE ROCK!

No comments: