Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Story of Baby #2


This post is a long time coming, but I want to document our journey to baby #2! On December 12, 2012, I received this news....just in time for Christmas :)


Some of my close friends know the long journey that happened to get to this point. In fact, one of my former co-workers gave me this inspiration one day...how perfect is it now?? Since July 2011, we have been trying for baby #2. Griffin happened so quickly, so I just knew this baby would come as "planned." Little did we know, God has His plan first. There were many times we didn't understand His plan, and there were many tears shed month after month. 


After one year of trying, my doctor recommended some tests just to make sure all was okay. On the day of one test for me, I was so anxious. I knew this day would give us answers and lead us in the right direction. Unfortunately, as we were preparing for the test (which was a pain), I found out due to some medicines used that I was allergic to, I could not have the test. Once again, tears. I was so upset that we still didn't have answers. I was then sent to another doctor for further tests, etc...after 2-3 months with him...NOTHING. More tears. We were told age, stress, and other factors could affect having baby #2 and maybe 1 was all we would have. Hans and I talked and decided not to pursue anything further - we had one precious, smart boy, so all was good, and this is our family.

Many of G's friends were having siblings, and his questions started. And we knew this just couldn't be it. I was so happy for my friends, but with each announcement, my heart hurt so badly. I prayed and prayed and cried and cried (and drank wine!). The time at the 2nd doctor just didn't feel right to us, so we decided to take a break and "see what happened." 

And this happened.....


I know stress played a big factor in us not getting pregnant sooner which is why I switched jobs last year. This school year has been awesome - slower, easier, and I have the BEST coworkers I've ever had. I laughed and let God do His thing.


Thanks to all the positive changes, our sweet baby #2 will be here August 2013. And finally, G gets his wish.... a sibling. We waited a while to tell him so we could make sure all was okay. 

And thanks be to God, it is. 


No comments: